Members Forum Area

2018 AGM Meeting Minutes

2018 National Unicorn Class Association AGM Minutes

 

Held at Stone Sailing Club, Wednesday 1st August 2018, 1600 hrs. prepared by Peter Toft.

Present:  Peter Toft (PT), Gary Piper (GP), Julius Mach (JM), Richard Beke (RB), William Dawson ( WD ), Dan Jarman (DJ ),Bob Dorks (BD)

Apologies for Absence:   David Taylor (DT),

2017 AGM Minutes – reviewed and accepted as a true record.

Election of Committee Members 2018/2019

·         Chairman: Gary Piper (GP)

·         Class Measurer: Bob Dorks (BD) & Peter Toft (PT)

·         Build and Technical Advisor William Dawson( WD )

·         Website Co-ordinator:  Peter Toft (PT)

·         Treasurer:and Events Co-ordinator  Zbigniew Julius Mach (JM)

·         Secretary Dan Jarman (DJ)

Changes

·         Secretary position reinstated to assist the Treasurer and web site input.

Web Site Update

·         The site had continued to have a surprising number of ‘hits’ over 1000 annually. The five top articles are :

Unicorn Plans - hits 94004

History of the Unicorn - hits 9329

Pictures Gallery - hits 9313

Restoration K756 – hits 8121

Hall of Fame – hits 6942

This indicates that over 1000 people are reviewing the most important articles on the web site, which is excellent marketing.

Based on this information it was agreed to continue maintaining the web site until a new easier to use and maintain site is developed.

Face Book Unicorn Association Forum

·         The current Forum is operating well and Tanya Piper has regularly downloaded sailing action photographs.

·         This is to be continued until the new web site is developed and tested.

Treasurers Report

·          JM has successfully completed the transfer of Association Bank accounts and is now receiving statements etc. on a regular basis.

·         Statement of funds from last Bank report 31st July 2017  shows a positive balance of £2149.54 but this is to be confirmed by an audit of accounts over the last 3 years. JM is working with DT to confirm funds spent over the last 3 years.

·         JM advised that £1000 should be frozen in the account until the audit is completed in 2020.

·         Number of full paid up members in 2018 is 11 an increase of 3 from last year.

·         Annual membership form has been revised to reflect the latest changes . of secretary and bank details and is available for downloading from the official web site

·         It was agreed that the annual fees would remain at £15 in the foreseeable future.

·         The annual renewal time is confirmed as April 1st.each year and fees MUST be paid before entering any official event in the current year

·         With the use of electronic payment of membership fees receipt of payment is shown on each persons bank statements. People paying by cheque or cash receive an E Mail from JM

Build & Technical Advisor William Dawson

·         It was agreed that the new plans,  would be sent to any interested person FOC, but when a boat is built and registration is made this will involve a fee of £50 to cover any administration cost etc.

·         Two sets of the new plans were issued during the last 12 months but to date no new builds have been completed

·         The official RYA hull measuring gauges have been transferred from PT to WD during this year’s Nationals. WD is now the Official Class measurer and will receive guidance from GP.

·         The foam sandwich hull mould from 1987 developed by Condor is currently held by Paul Conway. The Committee agreed that the cost of renovating the moulds would be more expensive than producing new moulds to the latest GP shape, therefore the obsolete moulds should be scrapped. PC has been verbally advised by PT

Events Coordinator  Julius Mach

·         SP could not complete the organisation of the TT event in 2018 due to a major change in his personal circumstances, The new Events Coordinator JM organised a TT programme in 2018 which is operating well..

·         2019 Nationals. It was agreed to request Stone SC to once again hold this event in conjunction with the Stone Week Regatta. PT to formally approach Stone SC for confirmation that this is feasible.

Any other business

·         handicap for the class – the SCHRS 1.175 and the Lookalike PY number is currently 797.  GP to review the basic formula for the Unicorn to ensure the Class has the correct handicap for 2017/18.

·         To develop the Unicorn Class it is important to have established approved components and Suppliers to meet current Class rules –

·          Hulls or kits of parts built to latest drawings

·         Masts and beams

·         Sails.and battens

·         GP is working with current and new Suppliers to develop a list for approval by the Committee during 2018/19

·         Unicorn Insurance GP to circulate  information to assist new members inobtaining a competitive quotation.

 

There being no further business, the meeting was closed.

 

General Items
Text Size